Pages

Thursday 29 May 2014

Pineapple Lamp Shade DIY!

Hello!

I was planning on making a tutorial post on a great DIY project but I've been so busy with college work that I haven't had anytime.

I do have some great things planned though so keep an eye on the blog and on my facebook page!

Here is a little DIY project I picked for you guys. I didn't actually make it and I don't know where it's originally from but I thought it was a great idea.


It also seems pretty easy to make, so please give it a go and let me know how it went! I'm definitely having a go at it as soon as I've got time!

As I've said, I haven't actually done this before but It seems really easy and it only has a few things that you will need to make it. 
From what I can tell all you need is a medium sized plastic bottle, a couple of packets of plastic spoons, green card paper, yellow paint and some glue. 

There's a simple trick to paint plastic adding pva glue (standard white paper glue) to an ordinary water based paint (for paper like gouache or even acrilic). This will make the paint stick to the plastic and will create a nice effect. But you can always use spray paint or any other type of paint that will work well with plastic.

For the glue is important that you use something that will work with plastic and metal, as you might want to glue the pineapple to the base of the lamp. I would think that using a hot glue gun would be the best option but make sure that it will resist to the heat once the light is on. I'm sure that any type of strong glue ( for plastic and other materials) will do, but I'd ask a staff from your craft shop when buying it, they might help you choosing the right one.






It's super fun and quirky and it will definitely brighten up your house!





This will look amazing in your office space or even in your bathroom for a quirky look.
It's the perfect project for a themed party! It shouldn't take you too long to make so you can even do        
    it the day before! haha


I hope you guys liked it!

Leave a comment to tell me what you think and send me some pictures if you make your own! I'm sure you'll have a lot of fun!

If you have any ideas of fun projects or if you would like to learn how to make something, please leave a comment!

xx




Sorry about the quality of the images, it's not very good but I think you can get an idea of that to do and I'll pick some better ones next time! 

No comments:

Post a Comment